Tuesday, June 28, 2011

rough stuff

Ya know that guest bathroom remodel that I mentioned a few days ago?  Well, I thought I'd share a little tidbit of the project with you. 
For six LONG years, I lived with this ugly pink ceramic tile...barf-o-rama!

 

No, it wasn't smashed into a gazillion pieces for six years.  But, it should have been!  This ugly pink tile (paired up with an even uglier black tile, picture to follow soon) made for one of the worlds worst looking bathrooms. 

It seems like there was always something that came up that delayed getting this bathroom remodeled.  For one, the master bathroom only has a stand-up shower.  So, with having small kids, a tub was important.  Now that Bryar has become a toddler, she's a lover of showers!  So, we decided that it was time to dig in and get it done!

All of us shared our master bathroom for about a month while this project was underway.  I can't tell you how many funny stories we have due to that bit of shared time - LOL!  Nevertheless, it is now complete.  Well, almost.  It lacks a few pictures being hung.

Anyway, here's a shot of the new bathroom floor that I am totally geeky over.  Wood?  Nope, it's tile.  Isn't it the coolest!!!!  See, I'm geeky.


I'll post more pictures soon.  But, this is my favorite part of the bathroom.  I know, it's just a floor. 
But, six years...six years and I finally have a new floor.  Happy dance!!!!

2 comments:

MOXIELisa said...

That floor looks so cool! I am jealous because our guest bath needs a serious makeover...does Tommy want to visit the Bacons? LOL

Heather said...

Thanks! Well, although Tommy can do a lot of things, tile isn't one of them...yet. We hired out the tile work (family friend). If you need a great tile guy, I've got his number.

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds