Wednesday, July 21, 2010

big girl


Sometimes you look at a picture and say, "Awe, that's cute". Sometimes you look at the same picture and say, "Awe, that's sad". Have you ever done that? Well, the pictures in this post had that effect on me. The two little feet have grown, the shoes are too small and the little voice that says "I want to wear my handsome shoes" still wants to wear them even though they don't fit.



This picture shows that cute little diapered bottom that no longer needs diapers. Yes, she still wears them at times, but she hardly ever has an accident. The little voice that use to say, "Mommy, my "biker" is wet", now says "Mommy, I gotta go potty".


So, I look at the pictures with a smile on my face but with a little sadness in my heart. I know that one day I will wish that I could still lace up her shoes, sing the Abc's to her while she sits on the potty and help her pull up her Elmo panties (sigh). She's a big girl now.



3 comments:

Cheri said...

Right there with ya...I wasn't in a hurry for Maddox to be potty-trained, but it was time. So now he is such a big boy, not even diapers at night or nap-time!! Well, I will be starting over with another one in about 8 weeks. :)

Heather said...

Girl, you are going to be a great (not so new) new mom. That little tiny baby boy is going to look at you with those newborn eyes and you're gonna be wrapped. Although there will be more work, there will also be more love to share and to be given back to you. Take care and enjoy every minute of each day :)

Kris said...

Oh Heather..this one tugged at my heartstrings for sure. They do grow up way too fast. I LOVE the pink sneakers and the way you even captured the cute little diaper bottom. Those pictures are priceless.

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds