Tuesday, December 28, 2010

holiday haze


I am still breaking down boxes, untwisting toys from their store housing and tinkering with wonderful gifts of all kinds. Ahhhhh, Christmas! It seems to be the one time of year that things on the outside, the fast paced lives we lead and the everyday routine seems to vanish and all good things stand still to linger and enjoy.


The Christmas cookies, fudge and pecan pie make me smile. I enjoy every moment of the wonderful church programs spreading good tidings and great cheer of our Saviours birth. The smell of the winter cold wind is refreshing but yet stinging at the same time. The look of the white snow dusting the ground and the tops of houses was a pleasant southern Christmas surprise. There is just no sweeter sound than two little girls giddy and full of anticipation dashing to the living room to see what Santa has left for them. Good times!


I hope that each of you enjoyed Christmas and all of it's splendor. I am looking forward to 2011. I am looking for new and exciting things. Out with the old and in with the new. I'm cleaning house physically and emotionally. Sometimes you've just got to replace that picture on the wall with something a little more appealing. Not that the picture was broke, ugly or defective in anyway. It was just that you needed a change of scenery. So, 2011, I welcome you!

No comments:

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds