Tuesday, September 14, 2010

the smell of fall



So, your given a bag of fresh picked apples. What would you do with them? Well, I didn't have to think about it very long. In my opinion, there are not to many apple recipes that make my taste buds shout like my Gram's Apple Platter. Yum-O! Seriously, it is truly one of my favorites.



So, I rolled out the dough, peeled and sliced the apples, added a bunch of sugar and cinnamon and baked it until golden brown. It smelt like apple heaven in the house. When it was finished baking and it had cooled, I drizzled it with a sweet almond glaze...ahhhhh!


So, what would you have done with the apples? I know you all must have some favorites in your recipe boxes!



No comments:

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds