Friday, February 25, 2011

runny lines


For many years I have loved to play with those little Crayola paint sets that we all used as kids. I try my best to not allow the colors to bleed so much but in the end I always seem to have a mess. I admit, they are intimidating! LOL


So, the other day while in Hobby Lobby (you're shocked, right), I noticed a set of water color pencils...aaaahhhhh! Did I mention the set was 1/2 off....double aaaahhhhh!! Needless to say, they made their way home with me.


Like a kid that can't wait to open their new toy, I started playing as soon as I got home. They were pretty cool! The water color pencils offer a more controlled way to water color. You draw the art and then use a small wet brush to add blended areas of color. It was pretty fun. I am soooo not the best at it and need lots of helpful tips. I did come up with that little doodle flower thing-a-ma-jig up there. A little different, but fun, in a good way.


It ended up this this. What'cha think?



2 comments:

Kris said...

What a fun project! I love seeing that inner artist come out! Your picture is beautiful!

MOXIELisa said...

Oh I love that!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds