Monday, November 9, 2009

Over my head



So, the post title isn't really all that out of the ordinary I guess. I think most days, my state of mind seems to be a little "over my head". I've either got craft projects that are half finished, laundry piles that are half sorted/folded, toys that are scattered about, meals waiting to be made...the list goes on.


You may have noticed that I have been a little slack in my blog post lately. Not that I have not posted, but I have not had many original post, things that I have created, originals. Not to be alarmed, they will return. It's just that I have been caught up in things seriously over my head.


Take the above picture for instance. Pretty gross, huh! Those weeds...way over my head!
Yep, that was my first thought. However, now...I own the grossness! What do I mean? Well, my husband and I have purchased this piece of property for a garden center. Yep, we are starting a plant nursery with a gift shop!


You may recall the post, "Green thumb"? That was a picture of the logo and business name for our garden center. Lake Dow is the community/area that we live around. It's not our city's name, it's just a community name. There's the shops at Lake Dow, Lake Dow Animal Hospital...etc. So, that's where the name comes from. Just thought that would make it a little more clear for you that are not from around my neck of the woods!




Our fabulous logo design (above) is all part of Lisa Bacon's wonderful artistic talent over at The Moxie Pear. Lisa and I have been friends for a couple of years and she is just the best designer their is. She did an awesome job on our logo design and she so fun to work with. Check out her work HERE.

A huge thank you to all of our family members for being so supportive and giving of their time and effort in this crazy new adventure. I think Tommy and I (more so, Tommy) have a knack for picking out projects that needs a tremendous amount of work. Then , somehow, mustering up the strength to rip, tear and remake the project into something new and better. I'm not quite sure why we do this, we just do. I guess it just goes to show that every family has a couple of nuts...that's us!


There will be more post to come about our progress on the nursery. We will be opening in the spring of 2010, March hopefully! I will share pictures every now and then on our renovations and for those of you in the area. Please, stop by sometime. I always love company!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How exciting! I'm so nervous for you, but I'm sure everything will turn out just perfect!

Congrats and Best of Luck!

JanaFloyd said...

You guys never cease to amaze me. I know this requires A LOT of work, but I feel certain it will reap dividends of happiness and great experiences for you & your family!

Lynette said...

I am truly excited for you and Tommy! Congratulations...I know it will be filled with lots of love and wonderful experiences.

Kortnee said...

Yay! I'm so excited for y'all. I can't wait until you open. I'll come see and help you sometime. Just tell when! Love ya!

Kris said...

WOW HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!! That is so incredible! What a labor of love and a lot of work, but knowing you, it will be such a wonderful place to learn and become inspired. I love the picture of you there. There couldn't be a more perfect, serile spot for a business such as this. Best of luck to you in this new venture my friend. I am going to be your biggest fan...even from thousands of miles away! You can do this and I think how wonderful it is that you and Tommy are doing it together. You'll make a great team. If there is anything I can help with..even from afar, I would love to. Congratulations!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds