Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm OK with it :)



You know those areas in life that you can't change? Things that seem to happen and all of the sudden you think...really, this is how it's gonna be? The questions that you thought you'd get answers to? Or maybe the answers that led to more questions? The times that you looked at your child(ren) and how it would and did effect them, you, us, others? Maybe even those moments when you laughed because it was just too silly to comprehend? The times you thought it would work and didn't? The future that you saw as bubbly and bright now seems to be a little faded, tattered and torn? Oh, and do you remember when you thought, "Today's the day!", only to find out that it wasn't? And last but not least, thinking time and time again while sniffing back the tears, if they'd just give an inch I'd gladly walk a mile to meet them.

Well my friend, I've been there, done that and seem to be wearing the tshirt regularly these days. Life is not always a bed of roses, but more like the way Forest Gump described it, ..."a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!", seems to sum it up a little more truthfully. So, instead of asking all of those silly questions, trying to figure it all out, sort the good from the bad, weigh the loss/the gain, worry over feelings and emotions while walking on egg shells. I've decided, I'm OK with it!

Do I like it? No. Can I alone change it? No. Did my attempts to fix it work? No. Did being angry, sad, frustrated help? No. So, since I'm batting 1,000...I give. And guess what, I'm OK with it!
Why? Not because I want to be, but because I am a person, I must let go, I must move on,
so I have to be.





3 comments:

Lynette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynette said...

I'm right there with you Heather.

And I too am okay with it:)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Kris said...

Oh wow Heather. What an interesting post. Please write and tell me at my email and tell me more if you're OK with that. I always love your positive outlook on everything- even through difficult things. You are amazing!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds