Saturday, April 25, 2009

Going green


...and orange! I mentioned that I was a Farmer Market fabric lover, right? Well, here's proof. I told you that my dining room had a bit of showing off to do. My house does not get a lot of direct sunlight indoors due to the wooded lot and the large porch overhang. So, we went outdoors to capture the true colors of lime green and orange...it's amazing!

I picked up this fancy chair at the Goodwill about 6 months ago. It was a dark brown wood finished chair with a brittle peeled leather seat. I felt sorry for the chair in it's pitiful condition, I had to rescue it before it became part of the landfill. So, I decided to go GREEN, save the chair and save the planet from its waste!

Since we have been doing a little redecorating I knew the chair would be a perfect new addition in my dining room. It's a little weathered, so I wasn't sure it could withstand being in a high traffic area such as the living room. To say the least, the dining room was a perfect fit. I recovered it's tattered leather seat with a bright orange and white design and made a pillow using a floral design (all Farmers Market prints) to accent the chair along with my dishes.

My husband even loved the fabric so well, he insisted that I make napkins to coordinate with the chair and to add some punch to the tableware. He was right, it looks fabulous! Thanks Tommy for your help on the fabric selection and recovering my thrifty find!












2 comments:

Kris said...

Heather!! You are so, so talented! I wish I lived closer and you could show me how to do stuff like this. I would not have a clue on how to even start. You have such an amazing eye for what looks good. The color combos are perfect. What a fun way to add some cheer in your home. I think a walk through your home would be very inspiring!

Cheri said...

Very cute and bright - LOVE it!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds