Monday, January 11, 2010

going up?


Yes! I think I heard the phrase, "Going Up?" about a gazillion times this past weekend. Everytime I entered into an elevator, and I lost count after about 15, that was the question I was given. I attended the AmericasMart this past Friday and Saturday. Talk about a job, shew! Let's just say I now have a new respect for people who buy for large retail shops. Holy cow, I was amazed at the amount of time and energy that I spent meeting with vendors to buy products for the gift shop at the nursery.


For those of you who have no idea of what the AmericasMart is, let me explain. Simply put, it's a huge mall. There are about 280 vendors per floor and there are 17 floors in the building. So, do the math...CRAZY! I was able to hit 6 of the 17 floors in 2 days, and I was not dragging my feet. Seriously, I was close to falling out, so Tommy and I treated ourselves to a nearby hotel with a beautiful view of the city. If you're ever in Atlanta, you must stay at the Georgian Terrace Hotel. It was great and my feet were glad to rest in luxury for the night.


Well, we are one step closer to meeting our March opening date at the nursery. Now that the gift merchandise is on it's way, it's time to start getting down to business. A big huge thank you to all of you who have helped us keep afloat taking on this new adventure. Your encouraging words, help with the "facelift" of the facility, watching the kids, the fudge (Thanks Kara)...and the list goes on. Each of you mean so much. I am sending you a virtual hug (squeeze)! Thank you from the bottom of my heart - XOXOXO

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok...so I've seen the gift shop/nursery a thousand times! What is it? Are you opening a shop or is this a part of Tommy's nursery? Good Luck y'all are amazing and I know you will be successful! I have always wanted to visit the mart! Well, congrats & many prayers of success to you both.

Lynette said...

I'll have to admit I'm a little jealous...as usual when I read your blogs. How wonderful for you both. Can't wait to visit the nursery/gift shop in the spring.

Kris said...

Wow Heather...I really admire you and Tommy for taking this huge step! I am so excited for you and know it's going to be awesome! I've never heard of that place before. I can only imagine what a feat that was!

Cheri said...

Cool! I LOVE the AmericasMart and want to go back so bad...sounds like a fun, but exhausting weekend. Can't wait to visit the gift shop!!!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds