Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"pixie dust"


For the longest time, Roxanne has wanted to have a loose tooth. This past June she got her wish. After almost 6 weeks of wiggling, playing and tugging on her loose tooth...it fell out. Yep, we were riding in the car and she reached up to test the looseness of her tooth and it just fell out!

I asked Roxanne what she thought the Tooth Fairy would bring. She replied, "Ummm, quarters and dollars." I told her that it might be difficult for a tiny little fairy to carry around heavy quarters. She quickly corrected my lack of faith in the Tooth Fairy by assuring me that all it takes is a little "pixie dust!" (Thanks, Tink!)

So, after the little love bugs were all tucked away in bed, the tooth in place under Roxy's pillow, I went to work. This is a one time shot, right? I mean, you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. So, the Tooth Fairy had to make a big deal out of this.

Needless to say, she did not disappoint. Roxy's snaggle tooth grin and giggly laugh put a big 'ole fat smile on my face, and the quarters and dollars put a smile on hers!

1 comment:

Kris said...

What a sweet little pocket you made! You're right...it's definitely a milestone you don't want to mess up on the first time! Good job Mom!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds