Monday, December 8, 2008

Meet my "Martha"

My two baby girls having fun!
Jared was making a Christmas tree!
Ginsey and her mommy (Amy) cutting out "shoes"..LOL they were candy canes!
Little Joseph (soon to be a big brother) was rolling out the dough!
Little Drew was with his mommy (Andrea) cutting out tree shaped cookies!
Aunt Debbie was bringing out the pan to collect the cut out cookies.
Aunt Debbie was keeping a watch on the cookies, making sure they were just perfect for icing!

I am sure that many of you recall someone in your life that has influenced you in a positive way. Someone who made you want to do something, create something, accomplish something...etc Well, I want you to meet the "Martha Stewart" in my life. This is my aunt Debbie (pictured above). She invited all the kids over to make Christmas cookies on Saturday. What a treat! My aunt Debbie has always been the one to create special gifts, baked goods and other crafty things at special family gatherings. She has a heart of gold and a softness about her that is genuine. She is my Martha! Thank you aunt Debbie for always taking the time to use your hands to create special memories. Not only for me, but now for my children as well. Thank you for passing down a tradition that I hope will remain in our family. I love you!


1 comment:

Kris said...

Heather, that is so neat! This is something your children will always remember for years to come. What a neat, neat aunt you have.

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds