Sunday, December 28, 2008

Warm and fuzzy




We had a great Christmas here at the Roe house. My parents joined us early on Christmas morning. We were all warm and snuggly with our Christmas pj's on, waiting on the kids to wake up. I had on my fuzzy socks and was ready to hear some paper rip! Roxanne was kind of quiet. No loud outburst or silly dancing just kind of mellow. Bryar decided her favorite gift was a bag of sugar free chocolate covered carmels. Roxanne loved her connect four and operation game. It was exciting to watch everyone open their gifts. Tommy snuck in a tool that he had bought for himself, wrapped it and put it under the tree...what a little sneek! I got my new flash for my camera...mama was happy!

I hope you all had a great Christmas. I agree with Roxanne, she asked "Mommy, why is Christmas just for one day?" With all the trim and lights, baking and wrapping, we decided to keep our tree up for a while and enjoy it. Most of the time we take it down the day after Christmas. But this year, Roxanne and I want to make the holiday linger a bit. Why not, it only comes once a year. You might as well enjoy it!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sound like your Christmas morning was fabulous! I'm glad the girls enjoyed what Santa brought! Kudos to you for extending the Christmas spirit after the holiday season (which is really the time we can relax and enjoy everything!)! I'm usually the same, but for some reason this year I'm ready to get the decor packed up and get everything back under 'normal' control! Maybe I'll get to enjoy yours a bit with you! :-)

Cheri said...

I went shopping with my mom & a friend most of the day Friday. Russell stayed home with the boys. When I came home, the boys had been busy taking down the tree. Already!! It made me kind of sad. Time goes by so quickly! So many people have said thank goodness Christmas is over! But not me, I was not ready for it to be over already! It was just so much fun this year with my boys really starting to get into the Christmas spirit. We were leaving church tonight and Dylan was yelling "Merry Christmas!" to everyone as we passed by. I didn't have the heart to tell him it was over! Love the pictures, glad you guys had a great Christmas.

Moxie Lisa said...

Awww you guys looked like you had a great Christmas! And I agrees, Christmas should last at least a month. :)

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
You Can Make This!
Featured on Mammalicious Finds